Here I have the best all in one home gyms 2019 reviewed so you can turn those desires into a reality.
These all in one exercise machines are tried and tested and have helped thousands before you gain muscle, lose weight and stay fit.
Let’s get started!
TOP 15 Best All in One Gym for the Home 2019
Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym
Review: The Marcy 150 lbs weight stack style home gym is one of the best home gyms of 2019 because it is a great value offers a phenomenal workout.
This full-body home gym includes press arms, lat bar, leg extension, and ankle strap, and has an upper and lower pulley system to hit muscles from different angles.
It is so easy to switch between exercises and change the weight, and many of the available exercises are pictured on the front of the machine.
- Press arms can be made to swing individually.
- Upper and lower pulley.
- 150 lb stack for a decent level of resistance.
- Assembly instructions are not that great.
The best home gym for the money, a high-quality machine that works for all major muscle groups, has a decent weight stack and won’t break the bank.
Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym
Review: The thing I love about the Bowflex Xtreme 2SE home gym is you never need to change cables between exercises, which saves a huge amount of time.
This Bowflex provides a full-body workout with a flat bar, squat station, leg extension, and ab crunch belt, so you can get fit all over.
This machine allows you to do over 70 exercises and provides a manual and trainer designed workouts for you to follow.
- 210 lbs of resistance via power rods.
- We never need to change cables between exercises.
- You can do over 70 exercises on this machine.
- Resistance rods lose resistance with time and can be replaced.
This Bosflex machine is super easy to use and saves time because you do not have to change cables between excersises.
If you love the idea of having a Bowflex in your home gym, I have reviewed the best Bowflex machines here.
Review: Total Gym makes it easy to reach your fitness goals. Getting a Total Gym is not only space-saving and economical – but it takes the guesswork out of the equation.
This machine can perform over 80 exercises, and if that sounds overwhelming, don’t worry, it comes with an exercise chart and Total Gym TV access so you will know how to do all the exercises that this machine offers.
- Includes exercise chart, Total Gym TV access, and a nutrition program to get started right.
- Accommodates riders up to 400 lbs.
- Includes squat stand for a formidable leg workout.
- Wing attachment builds arms.
- While it is super compact, it is too heavy and bulky to be easily portable.
Powertec Fitness Lever Gym Work Bench
Review: The Powertec Lever Gym is unique among all in one home gyms. Instead of a weight stack, it uses Olympic weights as resistance.
Why is this a benefit?
For one thing, it allows you to lift much more weight than most all in one home gyms, which allow you to build serious muscle.
Unlike a traditional barbell and weights, this system has built-in safety meaning you can lift heavy without a spotter, and it is difficult to lift with bad form using this lever gym.
- Includes bench for press bench, ab work and more.
- It allows you to lift up to 500 lbs of weight.
- Detach the bench to do weighted squats.
- The squat angle can be awkward.
- Weight plates not included.
Lift heavy weights up to 500 lbs, from home, without a spotter, and get a total body workout with this lever gym.
Body-Solid Free-Weight Leverage Gym
Review: This Body-Solid lever gym has three separate workout stations and allows you to lift an enormous weight.
It offers over 40 exercises focused on 10 different body areas so you get a complete full-body, muscle-building workout.
But the best thing of all, you can lift heavy, without a spotter at every station because safety catches are built-in for each exercise.
- Lift heavy with this lever all in one home gym.
- Lush thick pads on sturdy benches.
- Pillow block bearings and bronze bushings allow smooth movement even with heavyweight.
- Weight plates not included.
Lift safely and lift heavy, targeting all body areas in the comfort of your home.
This Body Solid Lever Gym is a serious piece of at-home weight lifting equipment. If you want to see what other weight lifting options there are for your home gym, check out the best home gym weight lifting equipment here.
MiM USA Functional Trainer with Bench
Review: The MiM functional trainer and smith machine does it all, allowing you to lift up to 333 lbs, and all without a spotter, from the privacy of your home gym.
It has an Olympic sized barbell encased in the smith, which allows you to bench and squat, plus the adjustable bench is included. I like that!
It comes with a ton of attachments to work your arms, back, legs and abs, and more. It even includes a multi-grip pull-up bar and a land mine attachment. Try and beat that!
- It allows you to lift heavy without a squatter.
- Able to do an innumerable number of exercises.
- Includes an adjustable bench for bench press, flys, ab work and more.
- Weight plates not included.
A true all-in-one home gym that allows you to lift a lot of weight, from home, safely.
Smith machines are excellent if you want to lift heavy at home safely without a spotter. See more smith machine reviews here.
Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym
Review: The Gold’s Gym is a good bang for your buck, as it is one of the lowest-priced all in one home gyms, with a potential of 280 lbs of resistance.
It works your chest, arms and back thanks to the press arms and lat pull down. Work those legs with the low pulley and leg developer too.
It includes an exercise chart so you will be able to use it right away, and assembly is easy with clear instructions included.
- 112 lb weight stack equals 280 lbs of total resistance.
- The fly station, lat pull down and leg developer with low pulley work major muscle areas.
- Extremely affordable.
- The seat is not adjustable.
- No ab exercises are available.
Best Gold’s Gym all in one home gym offered at a bargain price with up to 280 lbs of usable resistance.
One of the best things about the Gold’s Gym all in one gym is how compact it is. If you have a small space, but big fitness dreams, I have a list here of the best compact gym equipment.
Icon Fitness Weider Pro 8500 Smith Cage
Review: This Weider Smith cage is one of the most reasonably priced smith machines I have encountered.
It comes with a lot for the small price too! It has a peck deck station and a bench press station. You can do squats, bench presses, flys, lat pulldowns and use the leg developer for ripped quads too!
It includes more attachments than I can list here, and it holds folks up to 300 lbs.
- Upper and lower pulley.
- Smith station for barbell work.
- Peck deck.
- Bench for bench press.
- It does not include weight plates.
This smith machine by Weider is one of the best deals out there if you want an all in one gym to build serious muscle.
Weider Ultimate Body Works
Review: This Weider Ultimate Body Works is an affordable way to shape and tone all areas of your body.
It uses bodyweight, the adjustable incline, and 4 power bands to give you the resistance you need to shape your body. This machine has 7 incline adjustment levels to increase the resistance and includes a squat board to build to form shapely quads and glutes.
And the best part? You can fold this machine up and roll it out of the way when you are done.
- Uses your body weight as resistance, plus 4 power bands if you need more.
- Portable and easy to move, thanks to its lightweight and transport wheels.
- It offers more than 50 different exercises.
- It does not include an exercise chart, making it more challenging to get started.
BodyCraft Galena Pro Home Gym
Review: Solidly built using 2” by 2” powder-coated steel, with 1” guide rails for smooth quiet function.
Constructed with Nylon coated aircraft quality cable and Super comfortable 2” back and bench padding. The best all in one home gym!
- Easy to move from exercise to exercise because no cable changes are needed.
- Two work stations.
- 110 different exercises can be performed on this machine, poster included.
- 150 lb weight stack translates to 300 lbs of muscle-building resistance.
- Assembly instructions need improvement, difficult to follow.
An entire Gym was worth of equipment compact enough to fit in the corner of a room in your home, with gym level quality.
Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S Home Gym
Review: The Body-Solid StrengthTech EXM2500S features two weight stacks and two workstations, to easily switch between exercises, or workout with a partner.
- 210 lb weight stacks which can be upgraded to 260 lbs.
- Adjustable seats and backrests for a comfortable experience.
- Pivoting handles for the perfect position.
- Leg press station offering 420 lb effective weight.
- Getting the cable installed with the correct tension is challenging.
Space-saving and versatile compact all in one home gym. Best overall workout machine for home use.
Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine
Review: The Marcy Smith Cage is designed for serious lifters, and uses Olympic weights, not included, as the weight source.
- Dual cable crossover, smith press bar, peck deck, fly station, and dual-action leg exerciser, with a workout chart, included.
- Fully adjustable back pad, which adjusts for angle and height.
- Weight storage posts for Olympic weights, diamond plated footrests.
- Awkward to achieve a good pull up position, the bar is in the way.
This machine is a total body system with the equivalent of three gym machines in one unit.
Body-Solid G10B-LP Bi-Angular Gym
Review: With three workout stations, including the perfect pec station, leg press station and leg extension with up to 260 lb load with the upgrade, this machine is appropriate for home, office and even a gym for a small business.
- Exercise stations include chest press, high, mid and low pulley station, pec station with articulating adjustable pec fly and leg press station.
- Upgradeable 210 lb weight stack gives 420 lbs of resistance.
- Seat cushions designed with Durafirm padding with lumbar support.
- It takes a while to assemble, but the instructions are clear.
- Uses a fair amount of space.
Can be used by up to three users at once, this machine offers a true full-body workout.
Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer
Review: This is a smith machine and functional trainer in one, for the serious lifter, allowing you to lift up to 430 lbs.
The Inspire Fitness Ft2 Functional Trainer comes with 150 lbs stack per side, with additional weight available as an upgrade. It has an upper and lower pulley system, cable crossover, and a myriad of attachments to work your entire body.
Plus, this all in one home gym comes equipped with a training manual installed right on the machine so you get the most from this beast of a machine right off the bat.
- Two pulleys adjustable system, with each pulley operating independently.
- Includes pull up bar.
- It has a small footprint, relative to other smith machines and functional trainers.
- Pulleys and bearings are of high quality and smooth.
- Includes an in-depth workout guide attached to the inside of the machine.
- Takes a good chunk of time to assemble.
- Bench not included.
Compact gym quality, a good all-body smith machine designed for your home gym.
BodyCraft Xpress Pro Home Gym
Review: This gym is compact, without sacrificing variety. It has a high low and mid-level pulley system, cable crossover, lat pull down and a leg developer.
This machine will give you a full-body workout, no problem!
- It offers over 120 different exercises, with no need to change a cable.
- 2000 lb tensile cables, steel ball-bearing pulleys, chrome-plated guide rails.
- 2” thick pads with good lumbar support and comfortable back support.
- Precision cast iron weights, up to 400 lbs so you will not outgrow it.
A compact gym, with features normally only found on larger gyms, with plenty of weight for even heavy lifters.
What is an All in One Home Gym?
On an all in one home gym, all exercises are done on one machine.
It is one piece of equipment that provides a complete workout, without needing additional equipment.
The benefits of owning an all in one gym are:
- Save Money: No need to purchase several pieces of equipment or different machines which can be expensive.
- Work all muscle groups: All in one machine allow a total body workout.
- Compact: All in one system are compact, making them ideal for home gyms.
What are the Different Types of All in One Gym for the Home?
Weight Stack Style Compact Home Gyms
Easily the most popular style for an all in one home gym, this machine generally uses a weight stack between 100 and 300 lbs. They usually have a seat bench, an overhead pulley, press and leg extension.
High-end models may have two or even three stations, which make changing between exercises easy and offer a far greater variety of exercises.
Weight stack machines are appropriate for beginners and can be scaled up to meet the demands of more serious lifters as well.
Resistance Rod All in One Machines
Bowflex, made by the Nautilus Corporation is one example of a resistance rod all in one machine.
They make a variety of models and we have included one in our review of the best all in one gym equipment.
These machines use flexible rods, as opposed to free weights or a weight stack to add resistance to movements during exercise. They offer decent resistance and are good for beginner to intermediate level athletes.
The machines are well built, but they do have one disadvantage compared to standard weight machines.
The weight feels lighter at the beginning of the move and heavier as you progress, due to how the rods flex.
Smith Machine Combo All in One Home Gym
A smith machine allows for safe home use of a barbell without a spotter. It is not common to see a smith machine included on all in one gym for the home, but the Inspire Fitness F2 incorporates a smith machine on their unit.
The smith machine is good for beginner to intermediate weightlifters who are not yet accustomed to performing free weight exercises. It is also perfect for home use, where a spotter is not always available.
Fun Fact: The smith machine was invented by the “Godfather of Fitness”, Jack LaLanne.
Lever Gyms – What is a Lever Gym?
A lever gym is a multi-exercise all in one home gym that uses Olympic weight plates, sometimes called free weights, for resistance instead of a weight stack seen on many all in one home gyms.
Lever gyms have two huge benefits.
First, you can lift really heavyweight with these. They are not limited by the weight of a weight stack, if you want more weight, simply add more weight plates. Lever gyms are ideal for people who want to make gains and build serious muscle.
Second, Lever gyms have built-in safety features you won’t get using free weights. This means you can lift safely, from the comfort of your home, without a spotter.
I particularly like the Powertec model because the arms can be worked independently of each other or locked together.
Bodyweight Rolling Incline Board Style All in One Home Gyms
The bodyweight style all in one home gyms are hugely popular mass-market home gyms. They use a padded board that glides on rollers. Your body weight and the incline level of the bench, determine the resistance of each exercise.
This style of a home gym is good for the everyday Joe who just wants to get and stay in shape. They are also very compact and space-saving, and usually pretty inexpensive, making them a hit.
This type of gym is a good choice for most regular folks because it offers a way to get in shape, exercises the whole body, and allows people to get a workout in at home without costing an arm and a leg.
The 5 Best All in One Home Gym Brands
Bodycraft was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in Ohio. They manufacture fitness equipment that is built to last a lifetime.
They use aircraft quality cable, powder-coated steel, and quality padding in all their machines.
Body-solid makes some of the best all in one home gyms. They have been in business 25 years, are based in Chicago, and manufacture equipment in facilities that are ISO-9000 certified.
Strongman and weightlifter Walter Marcyan founded Marcy in 1959 in California. The company was acquired by IMPEX and is still located in Pomona, California, with equipment manufactured worldwide.
Perhaps best known for late-night infomercials, Bowflex has been manufacturing resistance rod-based all in one home gym equipment since 1986.
Bowflex is a brand created by Nautilus, located in Vancouver, WA.
Joe Weider Gym Equipment
Joe Weider was a bodybuilder turned entrepreneur from Canada.
The Weider Company has been making gym equipment, free weights, and accessories for over 50 years.
All in One Home Gym FAQs
What is the Best All in One Home Gym?
That depends on your goals.
If you are just looking to get into shape and shed a few pounds, but you do not have a huge budget or a lot of space for a full home gym, I’d say the Total Gym XLS may be the best home gym machine for you.
Moderate weight, Moderate Investment
If you want to lift a decent amount of weight and build a little muscle, for under 500 dollars, you can invest in a weight stack style all in one home gym like the Marcy Multifunction Steel Home Gym which comes with a leg developer and low pulley to get a good leg workout, along with strengthening back, arms and chest.
Weightlifting and Muscle Building All in One Home Gym
If you really want to build muscle, look for an all in one machine that allows you to lift a heavyweight from home, safely.
Two of the best options to lift heavy weight at home safely is the Marcy Smith Cage Workout Machine or the Body-Solid Free-Weight Leverage Gym which both allow you lift really heavyweight and have safety spotter features so it is safe to lift alone.
What is the Best Full-body Workout Machine?
If you are looking for one machine that truly works all the muscles in your body, the MiM USA Functional Trainer does it all and is one of the best home gyms of 2019.
- Arms – The MiM functional trainer has a bench and barbell, encased in a smith machine, so you can safely build your arms.
- Legs – It comes with a leg developer and low pulley, plus a squat station to really get a good leg workout.
- Back – It has overhead lat pull down bar, landmine attachment and a pull up bar to build a strong back.
- Chest and abs – The cable crossover will help you work on the chest and the included bench declines, allowing you to get an excellent ab workout.
Plus, the MiM Functional trainer comes with countless accessories and attachments to fully and completely work every area of your body from all angles.
Benefits of All in One Home Gym vs Individual gym Equipment?
Space and cost are two benefits all in one gym have over individual equipment. You can often get an all in one trainer for less than you would spend buying multiple pieces of equipment.
Also, all in one home gym may take up less space than a collection of individual equipment.
One of the biggest benefits of all in one home gym equipment is that they offer predefined exercises for you to follow.
The best full-body workout machines include pictures, workout charts with pictures, and workout videos designed by personal trainers, to guide you through a workout, taking the guesswork out of getting a good workout.
Which is better Bowflex or Total Gym?
When it comes to cost, the Total Gym wins. You can get a Total Gym for as low as 300 up to 1000 dollars, give or take. A Bowflex costs much more than that.
Arguably the Bowflex is better for muscle gains. The Bowflex offers more muscle-building resistance. The Bowflex Xtreme 2 SE Home Gym starts with 210 lbs of resistance and is upgradeable to 410 lbs.
The Total gym is somewhat limited since resistance is made using your body weight and by inclining the machine.
Space – Footprint
The Total Gym is more compact than the Bowflex, and takes up less space, making it a great choice for small apartments, and is an all in one machine you can keep in your bedroom.
The Total Gym and the Bowflex are about the same in terms of the number of available exercises, with the Bowflex coming in at 70 and the Total Gym coming in at 80.
Exercise Machines for Weight Loss
If your goal is to lose weight, cardio exercise can help, if you pair that with a good diet.
Take control of your fitness goals and make 2019 THE year to get in the best shape of your life!
Pick up one of the best all in one gym equipment systems you can find and get going.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Garage Gym Power newsletter and never miss another fitness equipment review again.